I Am Very Glad, as I’m Finally Returning Back Home!
Join us for November’s physical and virtual NYC2600 meeting!
We’re going back to the food court! Details below.
- Who: Us, and hopefully you.
- What: The NYC2600 Meeting, Penny for the Guy Edition.
- When: Friday, November 5, beginning at 5:00 PM EST.
- Where: There are two big answers to this question!
- The physical meeting has returned to the Atrium at 875 Third, on the corner of 53rd St and 3rd Avenue. We will be holding the meeting inside at the food court on the lower level, where we used to meet!
- As per the official 2600 meeting guidelines all attendees of physical meetings are expected to be vaccinated, but we will not be asking for proof; we’re trusting you to do the responsible thing for yourself and those around you.
- As this is an indoor event, wearing a face mask over your mouth and nose is required. We will have a limited amount of masks on-hand if you need one. Please A) be cool about this and 2) don’t be uncool about this.
- The virtual meeting will occur wherever you are, via Zoom. We will attempt to have a live connection to the virtual meeting from the physical one, but it’ll be at the mercy of the reliability of the networks and equipment available; it’s still all highly experimental at this stage.
- Why: To meet up, eat food, do things, and hang a bathroom clock.
Here’s how it works:
To attend the physical meeting: Show up here!
To attend the virtual meeting:
- Send an email to conf at nyc2600 dot net asking for a Zoom conference invite.
Please do so even if you were already a recipient of an invite to any previous remote NYC2600 meetings, as those email addresses were not kept. They will not be kept this time, either. These invitations are being handled by a robot which is too busy stressing about Thanksgiving to remember you.
- You’ll receive said invite at the email address from which you requested it. With this invite you can join by web, app, or even leaf-covered telephone (originating numbers will be partially masked from other participants) anytime after the meeting starts up at 5PM EST.
- There’s still no step 3!!!
See you there!